New York Fashion Week has come to an end for me. I had a lovely season. It was the first season where I had the chance to do everything I wanted and didn’t have to worry about my 9-5 job. Well last season in February as well, but it was sometimes too cold to do anything lol. I have to say that New York Fashion Week in September is my favorite season. Everyone is in town and we all just hang out and catch up. It’s really like a homecoming. NYFW is a lot of fun but it can be very tiring, running from show to show. You stand for hours on end waiting for shows in your most uncomfortable heels. Traffic is always a mess and most of the time you’re hungry! But honestly I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I love fashion and fashion week always gives me that creative burst of inspiration that I need to get me through the rest of the year. Yall, fashion week is hella expensive. A big chunk of my money was spent on Ubers and Via’s. I took the subway a lot when I could but whoa do those rides add up quickly! Here’s a quick breakdown of everything I wore during New York Fashion Week and just how much I spent this season. Make sure to check out my New York Fashion Week Vlog 1 and Vlog 2!
SEPT 5th Shopbop Party
Ellery Dress | Staud Bag | Stila Aria Lipstain | Balenciaga Heels
- $11 Uber from home to Il Cafe Latte For Brunch.
- $5 Brunch with Jenee at Il Cafe Latte (where we chatted with Dapper Dan and I didn’t eat much because my wisdom tooth extraction was killing me).
- $10 Uber from Il Cafe Latte Home.
- $22 Uber to Dentist.
- $22 Uber home from Dentist.
- $20 Uber Split with Jenee to Shopbop Party.
- $37 Uber home from Shopbop Party (forgot to split).
SEPT 6th DAY 1 NEW YORK FASHION WEEK
Zara Top | Jacquemus Pants | Balenciaga Heels | Staud Bag | Rachel Comey Earrings
- $43 Uber to @BumbleBizz Brunch.
- $0 Brunch is provided by @Bumblebizz.
- $5 Walk to Starbuck for a quick Chai Latte before my next show.
- $23 Uber to Mrhua Mrshua Fashion Show.
- $0 My new friend @iam_dlew pays for Uber to our next show Concept Korea at Spring Studios.
- $0 Free Nespresso Coffee at Spring Studios before I head into Concept Korea and meet up with Jenee.
- $0 Jenee Pays for an Uber to Bubby’s so we can eat lunch
- $44 Pancakes, Deviled Eggs and a Cocktail at Bubbies (this includes the tip).
- $9 Jenee, Ashley and I split an Uber to The Gitano Jungle Room to meet up with The Glow Up Group.
- $25 Cocktail at The Jungle Room.
- $25 I take a VIA home alone because my tooth starts hurting and Jenee still wants to party.
SEPT 7th DAY 2 NEW YORK FASHION WEEK
Jacquemus Top | Tibi Skirt | Balenciaga Pumps | Staud Bag
- $23 VIA to meet Rose in Soho to shoot a few campaigns.
- $0 Breakfast of a Banana was provided by my VIA driver.
- $8 to buy Campaign materials.
- $12 VIA to Christopher John Rogers Show after we finish shooting 3 looks.
- $2.75 I take the train after the show downtown 1 stop to meet Rose, Danielle, and Jenee for a group shoot before we have lunch to celebrate Danielle’s Birthday.
- $50 I buy a skirt from H&M
- $68 Lunch at La Pizza La Pasta this covers my meal and a portion of Danielle’s.
- $0 Gelato courtesy of Rose, she’s the best really.
- $12 Jenee and I split a VIA home she gives me cash I put the ride on my card. It’s the worst VIA I’ve ever had. He mistakenly took us to Brooklyn and then proceeded to drive 30 mph.
- $33 VIA from my house to the WWD Party.
- $26 VIA home alone, I’m tired and Jenee heads to a friends birthday party.
SEPT 8th DAY 3 NEW YORK FASHION WEEK
White Tibi Jumpsuit | Balenciaga Heels | Staud Bag
- $2.75 took the times square for backstage access with Aveda to the Tibi Show.
- $0 Lunch backstage at the Tibi Show.
- $20.68 I was still hungry so after Tibi I had lunch at Red Lobster.
- $2.75 took the train home.
- $151 My skin has been breaking out like crazy because I’m on antibiotics for my wisdom tooth extraction. I order my favorite skincare products from Elemis because I’ll need them for Paris.
SEPT 9th DAY 4 NEW YORK FASHION WEEK
Derek Lam Stripe Dress | Céline Boots
- $2.75 I take the train down to The Smith for a meeting with DELYX.
- $0 Lunch is on the brand.
- $18.20 I get a VIA from the Lower East Side to Williamsburg Brooklyn where the Phillip Lim Show will take place. I have backstage access with Aveda.
- $0 Snacks backstage are always delicious. I have a few cookies, a coffee and a water.
- $233 After the show I head to The Break in Brooklyn and buy a few leather pieces and a new trench coat that I think will be perfect for Paris.
- $26.28 I take a Via from Williamsburg back home to Harlem.
- $244 I see something I’ve been wanting on Shopbop come back in stock. I don’t wait, I go ahead and purchase it.
- $27 I order seamless from my favorite Asian restaurant. I get Hibachi Shrimp which comes with sautéed vegetables, shrimp, rice, soup and a salad.
SEPT 10th DAY 5 NEW YORK FASHION WEEK
Adeam Dress Via Shopbop | Cecelia New York Spiral Sandals
- $2.75 I take the train down to the East Village for a lunch with Shopbop.
- $0 Lunch is on Shopbop.
- $17 I take a VIA to Spring Studios for the Studio 189 Fashion Show.
- $0 I have a Nespresso after the show in the lobby of Spring Studios.
- $2.75 After the shows I take the train down to Century 21 to look around.
- $4 I buy a cup of goodness from Pret after window shopping.
- $6 to my last fashion show DELYX.
- $25.58 Uber home.
There you have it folks, during New York Fashion Week I spent a total of $1322.24. Luckily, all the money I spent had been saved over the last 3 months specifically for New York Fashion Week. LOL. Yes, I have a New York Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week Yearly Fund. I also brought in $13K in campaign money this New York Fashion Week so it was definitely worth it. I did a similar money round up in Paris a few years ago. Be sure to check out that post here. I also did a similar post titled What I Spent in a Week in New York City post as well.
I love that you provided a breakdown of your spending and what you made. Great insightful post!
Thank you! Glad it was helpful.
Brava Ms. Monroe! Such a joy to follow your adventures!
Thanks so much for reading!
What a breakdown but as the saying goes sometimes you have to spend money to make money and in the end that’s what you did….Congratulations. All of your outfits are beautiful. I noticed the Adeam dress is paired with a different shoe than the one that is listed and it still looks great. As always you keep us informed and inspired. Thank you
That is so so true. Thank you for reading. Yes, I switched shoes but linked them in the Youtube Video.
Look at God you made 10x what you spent won’t he do it! NYFW def expensive especially when you come from outta town thoes hotel rooms (tiny by any other cities standard most of the time) will burn a hole through so fast lol!
Right! I was thinking the same thing. Didn’t even notice that until I put this post together. Thanks so much for reading!
All I can say is WOW, Monroe, you are awesome, it is incredible. Keep it up. You continue to be an inspiration to a young 52 year like myself.
Thank you so much for your support!
Nice!! Sounds like it was well worth it and fun.
It definitely was I had fun!
Monroe..you are rocking it ..I have always loved fashion and I hope to start my own business in fashion at the age of 60…thanks for sharing your knowledge…You Rock ..♥️♥️
Thank you Vanessa and good luck!
Love everything about you, I read all your blogs get so much information from them. The fashion how and what to wear, where to buy and most of all wheee are the good sales are. Thank you so much for your post.
Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate your support!
Fun looks, my favorite it the two toned ellery dress
Thanks Love! Excellent choice!
You are always giving details and being transparent with everything — great post and insight on how to budget for related events.
You are just fabulous in fashion, and also you are such an outstanding writer. I felt so badly for you about your dry socket. I know the pain, and there’s no pain like it. You kept pushing through. I hope you are ok now.
Thank you for reading Jeanette!